The person in this position will be working as a dispatcher to plan and run our truck fleet.
Successful candidates for this position are people who thrive for the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment and who can respond quickly to changing demands for services throughout the day. If you are comfortable with multitasking and managing shifting priorities, this job is for you.
Because our dispatchers interact with both our drivers and our customers, they must have good communication and customer service skills.
Dispatchers are an important part of our team, and often lead it throughout the day. To be effective, the candidate must have the ability to listen, understand and communicate information clearly and precisely to our drivers and other technicians. They often have to think on their feet, while also being able to follow directions from the owner
As this is a leadership position within the company, we are looking for someone with a career-oriented mindset who is assertive and driven to succeed.
Experience and Job Qualifications:
• Routes and coordinates workload
• Excellent organizational, critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Well organized and self-directed team player
• Detail oriented individual who is committed to the betterment of the company
• Must be able to remain calm and friendly under stress and foster positive driver / dispatch relations
• Promote and encourage safety
Duties and Responsibilities:
Resolve issues and/or escalate inbound phone calls from drivers.
Communicate and address all dispatch and workflow challenges to supervisor.
Maintain communication with drivers and identify any existing and/or potential service failures/issues; work to minimize the impact they can have for our customers.
Accurately input load and driver related information as well as actively update driver’s routes/plan for the week. Be in constant communication with the team to make sure everyone stays on the same page and provides a high quality of service to our customers.
Manage the variances that weather and traffic can have on travel time.